ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION
**Please read before continuing to application**
You may pay your application fee with a credit card on this submission by clicking on the
symbol on the bottom of the completed form.
You have the option to make your application payment online or in person at the
Mapleton City Offices
125 West Community Center Way (400 North)
Mapleton, UT 84664
Welcome to Mapleton City Preliminary Plat Application Form
SeamlessDocs makes it easy for you to complete and eSign the document from any device. Fill out this form in order to submit a Preliminary Plat Application.
Please have all information and attachments readily available when completing this form.
If you require assistance, please contact the Community Development Department at (801) 489-6138.
You will be asked to upload electronic plans and documents that include the following:
Preliminary Plat Submittal Requirements
A distinct subdivision name followed by the plat # (A, B, C, etc.).
A dated plan showing accurately drawn boundaries, a north arrow, map scale and a vicinity map with at least a ¼ mile radius.
Registered professional engineer and/or surveyor’s certificate of survey.
Description of land to be included in the subdivision including the total acreage. The description must close.
Show ground distances for all courses. Grid distances should be placed in parenthesis next to ground distances.
Show Grid Factor used in computing grid distances.
Show State Plane Coordinates for overall parcel description (use coordinate table or list on each point).
The subdivision should be tied to at least two Utah County Monuments or Bay Stations.
Include topographic lines at 2’ contours or closer for slopes up to 10%. 5’ contours for slopes greater than 10%. Existing contours should be light-colored and proposed contours should be dark colored.
Identify lot numbers.
Show street names and callouts on map (both name and street coordinates if applicable).
Street and right-of-way dedications should be shown cross-hatched.
Proposed street cross sections.
Include a curve table.
Identify the basis of bearing. Cite NAD27 or NAD83.
Include public utility easement along all property lines (typically 10’) and identify all other easements on the property.
Show ownership for all adjacent parcels.
Preliminary utility plans including location of culinary water, pressurized irrigation and sanitary sewer lines.
Preliminary storm water drainage plans and calculations.
Proposed phasing plan if applicable.
Geotechnical Report addressing soil conditions and ground water. Additional reports may be required for properties in the CE-1 zone or other potential hazardous areas.
If wetlands exist on the property, an approved letter from the Army Corps of Engineers, and a wetlands report will be required.
U.D.O.T. approval for all development along HWY 89, & HWY 147 (Maple Street from 1600 W to Main, Main St from Maple St. south to 1600 S, and 1600 S from Main St. to 1600 W).
Applicant must submit plans to RB&G Engineering (801-374-5771) to be inputted into the City’s water model. The applicant shall be for the cost of this review.
A traffic impact study shall be required for all projects of 100 lots or more.
Additional Requirements for Planned Unit Developments (PUD’s)
Draft zoning text defining development standards
Designate open space areas and ownership
Project Summary to include:
- Description of project
- Preliminary CC&R’s
- Description of architecture (materials, colors, dwelling types, etc.)
The following are standard specs to be used for utility and construction drawings unless otherwise noted by the DRC, Planning Commission or City Council.
- Asphalt 3” local roads, 4” collectors + a slurry seal fee of $.18 a square foot to be paid prior to plat recording.
- Cul-de-sacs are generally discouraged but in no case shall they exceed 500’ in length
- Cul-de-sac are 90’ diameter (asphalt)
- Temporary turnarounds per the fire code
- Street curves – radius (centerline)
350’ – collector
250’ – major/local
100’ – minor/local
100’ minimum tangent between curves
Right angles +/- 10 degrees
- Offsets less than 15’
- Greater than 120’
- Street grades – 8% maximum
Curb, Gutter, Sidewalk
- 2’ curb, gutter, min. slop of .3%
- Corner radius 20’ – minor/major/local
- Corner radius 25’ – collector
- ADA ramps required @ all pedestrian crossings
Water, Sewer, Pressurized Irrigation
- 8” minimum water main, D.I. Class 350 w/poly wrap and trace wire
- 8” minimum sewer main, PVC – SDR35 or class 250 D.I.
- 8” minimum pressurized irrigation – PVC – SDR 18, C900/905 and trace wire
- Water valves and manholes require concrete collars
- Mark utilities w/markers in concrete
- Concrete collars on all man holes and water valves
- Submit plans to RB&G Engineering for water model
- Comply with City Code Chapter 21.04
- Submit a SWPPP and Land Disturbance Permit prior to construction
** PLEASE PRINT AND FILL OUT THE UTILITY NOTIFICATION FORM AT THE FOLLOWING LINK
AND SUBMIT SEPERATELY TO MAPLETON CITY WHEN COMPLETED**