ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION
**Please read before continuing to application**
You may pay your application fee with a credit card on this submission by clicking on the
symbol on the bottom of the completed form.
You have the option to make your application payment online or in person at the
Mapleton City Offices
125 West Community Center Way (400 North)
Mapleton, UT 84664
Welcome to Mapleton City Variance Application Form
SeamlessDocs makes it easy for you to complete and eSign the document from any device. Fill out this form in order to submit a Preliminary Plat Application.
Please have all information and attachments readily available when completing this form.
If you require assistance, please contact the Community Development Department at (801) 489-6138.
The standards for variance approval are outlined below:
REVIEW STANDARDS FOR APPROVAL OF VARIANCES
Mapleton City Code Chapter 18.84.360: GRANTING OF VARIANCES
The planning commission may only grant a variance to waive or modify the requirements of a land use ordinance as applied to a parcel of property if:
(1) literal enforcement of the ordinance would cause an unreasonable hardship, as defined in Utah Code section 10-9a-702, for the applicant that is not necessary to carry out the general purpose of the land use ordinances;
(2) there are special circumstances, as defined in Utah Code section 10-9a-702, attached to the property that do not generally apply to other properties in the same zone;
(3) granting the variance is essential to the enjoyment of a substantial property right possessed by other property in the same zone;
(4) the variance will not substantially affect the general plan and will not be contrary to the public interest; and
(5) the spirit of the land use ordinance is observed and substantial justice done.